1. Environment: with the development of a residential neighborhood on the red wall provides for Stuttgart the chance to realize a sophisticated blend apartment in a unique location. The new district is situated at the foot of the Rote Wand directly to the Green fugue, the prelude to the Killesberg park. Across the road at Kochenhof is the city district Killlesberghöhe. A modern district with a wide range of services and shops for daily needs. In the east, the competition area is the Brenz Church.
2. Property organization and alternation of masses: the new district is characterized by three types of buildings: a structured bolt screening from the road on kochenhof. Four pavilions as a cube in a relaxed series, the south-assemble it and a new counterpart to Brenz Church who manages to take the course again and to establish a connection between the existing structures along the Landsberger Straße and the new buildings. Here is the kindergarten, which will also bring everyday a frequency of the square. The free surface of the kindergarten is oriented to the south and west. The vertical separation of the bar animates the street and loosens the long building volume. The development level of the buildings respect the required distance a = 0.8h of each building volume to another.
3. Use types: a latch as an elongated structure along the street “am kochenhof” bends landsberger strasse to create a space in front of the opposite situation brenz church. Here the dormitory housed under which is the KITA place in the southern region. In the central region of the bar are the PWE and following the SMW – brought under units, while the MME in the southern part of the bar – are positioned units. The back of the bar is oriented with its passing, jumping back and forth balconies adjacent to the park. In the four individual buildings protected arranged in a loose grouping in the southern part of the plot, the modules / building communities are located.
4. Outdoor facilities, topography and development: design a key feature is the immediate vicinity of the green fugue; the new quarter is almost embedded therein. The green of the environment takes place in a slight swing in the block interior inside. The gardens of the ground floor apartments combine the spacious common area with soft arches. Cutting the gardens and the entrances to the inner road is due to “breathing space”, an inner road that narrows, widens and forms priorities. Here, residents meet on their way home, here are the children take their first steps and use the game deals in the near-residential area, which are loosely scattered in the area. This connection creates interweaves the new quarter for the adjacent square to the east and to the park of the open joint in the west, while two connecting paths guarantee the permeability in North South direction. The resulting therefrom intersection points are welcome situations place to stay. Minted is the community area of rowan (Sorbus aucuparia) and seat edges, the extract itself with the development of heights. The wide space of the street on Kochenhof is enhanced with a row of trees from the stock of trees and plantings. A uniform coating takes place in the street space from the green gap to the east side of the new residential development and binds the Brenz church directly. The area between church and new building will provide space than surface with a uniform coating and deducted from the street Am Kochenhof. As a subordinate conjunction Landsbergerstraße is performed in the same look about the place.
5. Topography: the topography of the terrain was adapted to the requirements for the maximum building heights, whose eaves be based on the surrounding buildings and below the escarpment edge of the red wall, the forum k or der brenz church. To the main road towards the maximum eaves height of the bar with 362,98m under the specification of 363.00m, to Brenz Church demanded eaves height of 358,50m far below (355,74m) during the Red Wall, the eaves of the individual buildings required with the observation deck 362,00m with maximum 360,86m also is observed.
6. Equipment, construction: the exterior “on kochenhof” positioned bolt is designed as a reinforced concrete structure and corresponds to the kfw-efficiency house 55 standard. The street runs in a curtain-stone facade, lasting takes place on the south side of the cladding balconies in wood panels. The modules are made of solid wood construction with staircase core of reinforced concrete. The monolithic construction, the building of the modules correspond to the KfW-efficiency house 40 standard. They consist of an untreated, natural aging wooden facade. The architectural appearance, we also determined by the cantilevered balcony slabs. The materials used are biologically compatible and low CO2 demand be made possible.
7. Consumer: all buildings are equipped with controlled ventilation, which affects the energy standard positive. For ventilation purposes, it is due to the controlled ventilation to the street “Am Kochenhof” not necessary to open the windows. Besides the use of sound insulation glazing is guaranteed by the controlled ventilation of soundproofing for busy street. The associated increased ceiling height of 3.12m was recorded with in the height of the building with development.
PROGRAM: residential, social housing, student dormitory, kindergarten, park
CLIENT: stuttgart municipality
LOCATION: stuttgart [germany]
SIZE: 12.500 sqm